Omega Charities (OC) is a 501 (c) (3) tax exempted corporation which was incorporated January 23, 2007 in the state of Georgia. Omega Charities came into fruition as a result of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. desire to have a charitable foundation which could provide uplift for the community and constituency that the fraternity serves globally. As a result, the initial OC event, under direction of Fraternity leadership was to establish a relief fund in support of Haiti which was devastated by Hurricane Katrina. Omega Charities, with the support the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. and Its membership raised $30,000.
Omega Charities is a viable, non-profit extension of OPPF’s commitment to improve the lives of Black People. OC will expand its member/supporter base and will be recognized throughout the nation for providing quality programming to at-risk youth, and advocate for education, professional mentoring, job training/referral, disaster relief for the disadvantaged, and support to the elderly and homeless.
- Provide programs of Uplift to the Black community (male youth in particular).
- Foster programs and activities of economic empowerment in distressed neighborhoods
- Provide Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster relief in times of critical need.
- Raise $1M/year for philanthropic purposes;
- Be nationally recognized for expertise in mentoring and academic enrichment programs for black males;
- Provide technical expertise on capacity building for nonprofit community service groups and allied professionals / organizations;
- Promote/demonstrate model(s) of economic empowerment for distressed neighborhoods.